Candlelight Cottage (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms) in the Peak District is the perfect self catering holiday retreat. Rated 5 star Gold by VisitEngland.com, the cottage has every convenience you could require.
The spacious oak beamed sitting room enjoys fine views over Litton village green. Chinese prints adorn the walls and there are soft leather sofas in which to relax.
The feature stone fireplace houses a natural coal effect gas stove lending the room an atmosphere of total comfort and warmth. A 32″ flat screen colour TV and DVD recorders are provided along with a radio/CD player, iPod docking station, Wi-Fi and a selection of games, DVD’s, maps and tourist information.
The sunny, south facing dining kitchen is fully equipped with ceramic hob, oven, microwave, fridge, dishwasher and washing machine.
The pine shutters, slate tiled floor and AGA stove give this room a feel of real character and warmth making it the ideal place to cook and dine.
Stairs lead up from the kitchen to the bathroom and two bedrooms (sleeps 4).
The double bedroom faces south and looks out over the patio garden and fields beyond. The pine shutters have been retained and the Victorian style double bed, gives the room further character. The room benefits from a double fitted wardrobe in distressed pine with further storage above. Radio alarm clocks, hairdryers and shaver plugs are provided and the candelabra lights in both bedrooms may be dimmed to add further atmosphere.
The twin bedded room enjoys views of the village green and Litton Edge, one of the many walks possible from the cottage. The whole village green is planted with spring bulbs and in May the view is filled with cherry blossom. Inside, the Victorian cast iron fireplace has been retained as a decorative feature. To ensure your comfort, a choice of pillows and winter or summer weight duvets is available.
The newly installed bathroom is fully tiled and features a bath, separate shower cubicle, Edwardian style suite and heated towel rail.
A stable door leads from the kitchen out into an enclosed and very private patio style garden. Garden furniture and a BBQ are provided in summer.
Stairs lead out of the kitchen down to the utility room, which houses the deep freeze, and other utility items. Ample space is available here for the storage of luggage and the drying of boots and outdoor clothing. A tumble drying service is also available.
At Candlelight Cottage we have tried to create a rural retreat with a real feel of luxury. Fabrics and furniture have been chosen to complement our Chinese and Thai silk pictures and each room has a charm of its own.
The house is fully centrally heated and hot water is available at all times. All windows have double glazing.Heat sensors, smoke alarms and CO alarms are fitted for your safety and peace of mind.
For the comfort of all our guests, we operate a strict NO SMOKING and NO PETS policy. Please be aware that, as in many other old properties, Candlelight Cottage has relatively steep stairs and some low beams. We regret that we cannot accommodate children under the age of 8 years.
You may be interested to read our Access statement.
- A gallery of photographs taken in and around Candlelight Cottage - click any image to see it enlarge - the gallery will then run through a "slideshow".
- Here's our up-to-date holiday cottage availability - use the drop down list to view further into the future. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to give us a call…
- The Candlelight Cottage seasonal tariff guide can be viewed in the table below; there may also be Late deals available and, if you've stayed with us before, a Loyalty discount:…
- What you need to know about booking 5 star Candlelight Cottage: Please check the dates you require are free using our Availability calendar. Then please e-mail us via the Contact…
- Get in touch We're happy to receive your questions - please complete the e-mail Contact form below and click the Send button. We'll get back to you within 24 hours. Alternatively…