Candlelight Cottage is situated in the picturesque Peak District village of Litton. The area is rich with history and culture.
The Peak District is very accessible from all directions. Many guests arriving from London or the home counties are pleasantly surprised at their journey time. We are only a three hour drive from London, but our rural village feels a world away from the hustle and bustle of the capital.
Guests from neighbouring counties such as Cheshire, Nottinghamshire, Yorkshire Lincolnshire or Staffordshire find Litton a short and easy drive at the end of the working week and can be installed and ready to start their holiday by dinner time!
Average journey times to Litton from some major cites and airports:
|London/London Heathrow airport||3 hours|
|Manchester/Manchester airport||1 hour|
|Birmingham/Birmingham airport||2 hours|
|East Midlands airport||1 hour|
|Liverpool/Liverpool airport||1:30 hours|
|Leeds/Leeds airport||1:30 hours|
|London Gatwick airport||3:30 hours|
|Dover/Eurotunnel car terminal||4:30 hours|
|Hull ferry terminal||2 hours|
A number of bus routes operate through Litton linking the village to Bakewell, Chesterfield, Manchester, Buxton, Sheffield and Meadowhall Shopping Centre. Details of bus timetables can be found at Buses – Derbyshire County Council and Peak Connections
The nearest mainline stations are Chesterfield and Sheffield; smaller stations nearby include Buxton and all the stations in the Hope Valley.
Manchester airport is the nearest, however we are happy to help with directions from any UK airport.
You may find transportdirect.info helpful in planning your journey.
Please see our Things to do without a car page for those arriving on public transport. It’s packed with information on everything from how to arrange your shopping in advance, to what to see when you are here.
Directions to Litton
From Junction 29 of the M1
Take the A617 to Chesterfield, the A619 to Baslow and then the A623 towards Chapel-en-le-Frith. Litton is signposted on the left after the junction with the B6465.
From the north west
Take the A6 to Chapel-en-le-Frith, and the A623 direction Chesterfield. Litton is signposted to the right after the various signs for Tideswell.
From the South
Take the A6 to Bakewell, the A6 towards Buxton, the B6465 towards Monsal Head and Wardlow, then briefly the A623 towards Chapel, before you will see the signs to turn left to Litton.
Precise directions to Candlelight Cottage are provided with our letter of confirmation.
- Derbyshire and the Peak District area absolutely beautiful in all seasons - here are a just few of our favourite pictures! Click any image below to see it enlarge –…
- A gallery of photographs taken in and around Candlelight Cottage - click any image to see it enlarge - the gallery will then run through a "slideshow".
- Litton can certainly be described as one of the most attractive villages in the Peak District with many late 17th and early 18th century houses, full of charm and character…
- Candlelight Cottage is a great place to spend a holiday without a car. Public transport links are good, shopping can be organised in advance of your stay and the network of local…
- Candlelight Cottage (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms) in the Peak District is the perfect self catering holiday retreat. Rated 5 star Gold by VisitEngland.com, the cottage has every convenience you could require.…