We’re proud that Candlelight Cottage has been awarded 5 stars by Visit England for many years! It’s the perfect Peak District base:
- A quiet location in the picturesque village of Litton, but only a 15 minute drive from Bakewell, Chatsworth and Buxton
- A cottage with history, oak beams, loads of character and beautiful views over the village green
- Recently renovated and beautifully furnished throughout to a very high standard
- Spacious rooms with all mod cons
- A choice of winter and summer duvet weights plus additional pillows or bed boards to ensure a perfect night’s sleep
- Well equipped kitchen with additional AGA
- Separate warm drying room for boots and clothes
- Private patio garden
- Rated 5 star Gold by Visit England
- Spotlessly clean (100% cleanliness rating from Visit England every year since the cottage opened)
- Romantic getaway. Ideal for honeymoons or simply treating the special person in your life!
- Celebration hampers: champagne, red roses, special flower arrangements available on request
- Pet free and non-smoking
- Ideal for allergy suffers
- All inclusive prices
- Free Wi-Fi wireless broadband internet access
- Cottage fitted with heat alarms, smoke detectors and CO alarms for your safety and peace of mind
- Generous Welcome pack including local products and fresh flowers
- Open all year round for holidays and short breaks
- Situated in a conservation area ideal for lovers of wildlife and flowers
- Miles of footpaths through stunning scenery from the door
- Ideal base for sightseeing, walking, bird watching, fishing, caving, climbing, cycling, gliding or simply getting away from it all
- Friday changeover day to give you a whole weekend away and avoid the usual Saturday changeover day traffic
- Easily accessible by public transport
- Environmentally friendly business
- Village pub featured in Good Pub Guide
- Book directly with the owners – NO extra agency fees
- Village shop sells delicious home made cakes and lots more besides.
You can get delicious home cooked food delivered right to the door of Candlelight Cottage – no need to use the Aga or the stove! Visit Gourmet Express.
Don’t worry if you can’t bring your bikes with you on holiday. At Candlelight Cottage, a cycle hire and delivery service is available, including helmets, maps and route guides – read more
Personal chef available
For a truly relaxing break or for a one off special occasion, why not have your meals provided by your very own personal in house chef?
He will shop for you if required and cook meals to your requirements and make sure that you don’t have to worry at all about food and drink during your stay with us. You can hire him for a special dinner or for the whole week. You and the other guests in your party can even get involved in preparing the meal.
If you are coming from overseas, why not let your personal chef put together a traditional English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh meal for you. He will even talk you through some of the ingredients and techniques used to cook the meal if you would like to know more about them.
For more details please contact Rob Coggin at Strictly Food.
- We recently had our annual inspection from Visit England. Another mark of 100% for cleanliness - That's every year now since the cottage opened for business and we're very proud…
- It’s very easy to get to and from Candlelight Cottage on public transport. There are bus routes through the village linking it to Buxton, Chesterfield and Sheffield, where there are…
- Well dressing week is one of the highlights of the Litton village calendar. Villagers come together to do the "petalling" in the days before the finished well dressings are erected in front of…
- Look out for Eroica Britannia 2017, coming soon to the Peak District. The vintage cycling festival held in Bakewell for the last 3 years, returns to the Derbyshire Dales this…
- This year, Tideswell have taken Hull, City of Culture as the theme for their well dressing. I think it's one of the best well dressings I have ever seen. For…