There are countless visitor attractions in the area – Derbyshire and the Peak District; far too many to mention here. At Candlelight Cottage we provide organised folders full of leaflets covering museums, theme parks, gardens, arts and crafts, railways, music and the arts, food and drink and shopping to name but a few. If there is something special you want to do during your visit, do let us know beforehand. We will be only too willing to help with information or put you in touch with other organisations.
The Peak District is famous for the variety of its scenery, ideal for a huge range of outdoor activities. To the north lies the rugged and dramatic Dark Peak with its moorland and grit stone. In stark contrast are the green fields, rolling rivers and flower filled dales of the limestone White Peak.
The Peak District and surrounding area is rich in stately homes, museums, craft centres, theatres, music venues, festivals, well dressings and much more.
There are ancient and historical places to visit all around the Peak District. From prehistoric sites like Arbor Low and Creswell Crags, to the industrial sites of Masson Mills and Crich Tramway Village.
|Market towns and villages
The towns and villages of the Peak District are wonderful places to wander and browse. From the busy market town of Bakewell to the plague village of Eyam there is lots to see and experience.
|Excitement for all ages
If you’re after a little more excitement, then there’s plenty to see and do within easy travelling distance of Candlelight Cottage.
|Food and drink
There is a vast array of small businesses producing top quality food and drink around the Peak district.
|Arriving by public transport
If you have no car, or you fancy a break from driving, it’s very easy to get to and from Candlelight Cottage on public transport.
For an up-to-date events listing please see:
- Candlelight Cottage (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms) in the Peak District is the perfect self catering holiday retreat. Rated 5 star Gold by VisitEngland.com, the cottage has every convenience you could require.…
- The Candlelight Cottage seasonal tariff guide can be viewed in the table below; there may also be Late deals available and if you've stayed with us before a Loyalty discount:…
- Here's our up-to-date holiday cottage availability - use the drop down list to view further into the future. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to give us a call…
- Whatever your interest, there is something in the Peak District for you. The rugged and dramatic Dark Peak lies to the north with its great expanses of heather moorland and…
- Here at Candlelight Cottage, we are proud to have been awarded the Visit England 5 star self catering and Gold Awards. We are also members of Visit Peak District and the…